The first fall of snow is not only an event. You go to bed in one kind of a world and wake up in another quite different, and if this is not enchantment then where is it to be found? J.B. Priestley
After quite a break of everything, school and unfortunately also writing for the blog I made it back and started like everyone else 2018. A new year and everyone still tries to keep up with all their resolutions. Personally, I feel like 2018 is going to be a great year and I am starting with only positive thoughts.
I love winter with all my heart and was really looking forward to the cold days. I got totally surprised a week ago, where Virginia Beach was snowed in and we didn’t have school for one week because of some inches. I was really happy of this second winter break, giving us time to just stay at home or what I still love to do: go outside in the snow. Apparently, this amount of snow is the most the East coast got in the past 30 years, and it for sure wasn’t what I expected when I chose Virginia Beach, because although I am from snowy Switzerland, I never had no school because of snow.
Traditions in America
- Christmas Day, 25th of December (what I feel like is more celebrated than Christmas Eve)
- Opening presents on the morning of Christmas Day
- Cookies and milk for Santa
- The Food on Christmas is often similar to Thanksgiving
- And next to the New Year’s the only other winter holiday is probably Valentine’s Day on February 14th (which is I think more in the shops than in real life…)
so I mostly listened to Christmas Music, those are other songs I really like at the moment:
- Dance For You – Beyoncé
- Kiss Me Thru the Phone – Soulja Boy
- Hvar (feat. MSP) – Kiso
- Diana – Paul Anka
- What a Day – Nemo (swiss musician!!)